The other day I returned from my holiday in Wales. It was a nice experience. Me and my travel mate Eric visited a lot of nice sites such as:
- Shrewsbury, birthplace of Charles Darwin
- Abergavenny, at the south-east edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park
- The Sugar Loaf, one of the high summits in the Brecon Beacons National Park
- Cardiff, where I actually got sunburned and, last but not least, had the opportunity to meet up with chess friend SonofPearl and his wife
- Bwlch near Brecon, from where I climbed the Pen-y-Fan in rain, wind and dense fog, the highest summit of the Brecon Beacons National Park
- Porthmadog, from where we took the railway to Blaenau Ffestiniog
- Betws-y-Coed, which is Welsh for:”Sanctuary in the woods”, and a beautiful place
- Mount Snowdon from where we could not see Ireland and the Isle-of-Man due to mist ;-(
- Conwy, with it’s huge castle
I had hoped to do some blogging from abroad, but had password problems… Probably something to so with different character sets or keyboard settings?
Anyway, I’m hoping to catch up a little now and might do some videos on the International Tournament in Biel where Magnus Carlsen is one of the participants.
It’s good to be back!